Things I Love This Week
June 23, 2012 Leave a Comment
1) Star Trek Book of Opposites by David Borgenicht - This is a must have for any geek raising a geek to be. I actually had to stifle my laughter when I saw it in the library. Apparently laughing out loud is still bad form.
2) Bubble Guppies (DVD) – I’ve heard of the Bubble Guppies but because we don’t have cable or even just standard TV Little Lass hadn’t been introduced to them yet. But I saw in one of my magazines last month that they were coming out with a DVD, so I went straight to my libraries website and put us on a waiting list for it. It came in last week and ….
How cute are they!? Seriously, incredibly cute. I liked the animation style, enjoyed the music and the story lines. And watching Little Lass bounce to the music was a huge bonus. This will become a buy for us eventually.
3) http://lisajobaker.com/ – The Gypsy Mama has a new home and let me tell you that I’m loving her new hang-out. Of course it also helps that she’s a sassy, creative and entertaining blogger and we all know how I love spending time with women who are just as sassy as I am.
4) This post at http://www.kaylaaimee.com/ – Speaking of sassy women! Kayla Aimee certainly fits that description, and I love reading her posts. If you dig into her site you’ll know that her little Scarlette had a rough time of it when she was born and that is why this particular post made me smile and tear up. Go Scarlette!!
5) Midtown Farmers Market – I love that we have a small farmers market in our neighborhood and Little Lass and I go every Saturday. We have three or four places we stop every single visit. We pick up our cheese, canned fruit, and my cup of coffee and they know us when they see us. On top of that it’s our community and you can feel it.
Disclaimer: The book and dvd links are affiliate links.